Arranged marriages are not new to our society. Every girl goes through different emotions before arrange marriage. She wants to rethink about her decision multiple times. I just underwent an arrange marriage and the experience altogether was amazing. It was a mixed of feelings. I would like to share few honest things that came into my mind before saying a final “YES” and every girl feels.
- Is he “The One” ?
- I know fairy tales don’t exist in real world but will he pamper me at times?
- Will I be able to trust him?
- Should I rethink? ( Well, I did multiple times as I was changing my location. I have been born and brought up in my hometown and this was the first time that I was moving)
- Will there be some filmy moments? (I am filmy at times :P)
- Will he be romantic?
- Will he understand me?
- Will he trust me?
- We will be good friends forever and understand each -other. It is easy to say than to do, will this happen?
- Will he respect my family?
- Will he be always good to me?
- Will he help me?
- Will he support me?
- Will he take care of me, during my ill-times?
- We just met few months back, and we will be together for lifetime. Will he hold my hand for lifetime?
- New family, new people. Will they love me the same way as my family does?
- Compromises, adjustments are needed in every marriage. I will, but will he?
- Will he help me in household stuff? (I am very weak in all household stuff, and I started practicing a month before my marriage)
- I am crazy at times. Will he handle my craziness with love & care?
- Will he hold me whenever I have tears in my eyes? And make me smile?
We talked to each other almost every day before marriage and he made feel content and erased all ifs and buts. My family and my man made me feel confident about me final “YES”. I have been honest to my family, to my man and friends as to what I was feeling. Some shared their experiences and made me feel relaxed, some made me laugh 😀
And I said “YES” 🙂